Httpoison on windows

I have been having trouble getting the Httpoison library working on my windows development machine. I had put this down to portability issues in the past.

Last weekend I spent some time trying to track down the bug so that I could send a patch to the appropriate project.

During this investigation I found that I had been using a fairly old version of Erlang (10) which seemed to work everywhere else but had a problem with the crypto checking that HTTPoison performs. I had installed Erlang when studying 7 languages in 7 weeks over 6 years ago.

Moral of the story: don’t blame the tools, try to fix them and you may find the source of the problem.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s